1929 George Lyon opened a new Chevrolet Dealership at East 70th and Euclid Avenue, in an “Automobile Row” area of the City.
1942 General Motors makes Lyon and Central Chevrolet the Cadillac Distributor-Northeast Ohio, selling Cadillac’s to customers and other dealers. Central Cadillac is incorporated.
1943 Lyon opens Central Cadillac dealership at 2040 East 71st Street.
1945 Frank Porter, Sr. joins Central Cadillac as salesman after serving in World War II.
1949 (April 29) Central Cadillac moves to 2801 Carnegie Avenue and opens a new state-of-the-art dealership.
1954 Central Cadillac starts Mobile Home Service, sending mechanics to customers’ homes to service their automobiles.
1956 Central Cadillac starts Prudential Finance Co., which helps finance cars sold by Central Cadillac as well as other automobile dealers.
1959 Central Cadillac forms Executive Leasing Corp., offering leases for Cadillac’s and other makes and models, both new and used.
1962 Central Cadillac opens the Coffee Shop, offering breakfast, lunch, and snacks to customers while their cars are serviced.
1965 Cadillac Motor Car eliminates its distributorship system. Central Cadillac stops selling cars to other dealers.
1965 Lyon retires; Frank Porter, Sr. becomes President of Central Cadillac.
1969 Frank Porter, Jr. joins Central Cadillac, bringing a third generation to the family business.
1970 Central Cadillac is remodeled.
1982 Midtown Cleveland is founded by a group that includes Frank Porter, Jr.; the non-profit economic development corporation focuses on the revitalization and development of the Midtown Business District.
1984 Frank Porter, Jr. becomes General Manager.
1994 Frank Porter, Jr. serves as President of the Greater Cleveland Automobile Dealers Association (GCADA), representing new-car dealers in the region.
1999 Armond Sottosanti, aka Mr. Cadillac, retires from Central Cadillac for the second time after selling more than 3,000 Cadillac’s in 40 years.
Frank Porter, Jr. becomes President and Dealer of Record under a new operating company, Central Cadillac Limited.
2001 Central Cadillac Limited is named the exclusive HUMMER dealer and service center in Northeast Ohio by General Motors and AM General; dealership’s name becomes Central Cadillac-HUMMER.
2002 Frank Porter, Sr. passes away, leaving most of his combined estate to The Cleveland Foundation, the largest gift in its history.
2003 Central Cadillac-HUMMER begins a multi-million dollar remodeling and expansion project.
2004 (May 4) Central Cadillac-HUMMER celebrates its Grand Re-Opening, and sports the new design look of Cadillac; marks 55 years since the Grand Opening of the original building.
2005 (August) Central Cadillac-HUMMER opens a brand new facility – Central HUMMER East at 25975 Central Parkway, Beachwood.
2006 Central Cadillac Limited forms a new leasing company, Opportunity Leasing Ltd.
2008 Central HUMMER East adds Buick, Pontiac, and GMC to its vehicle lineup; dealership name becomes Central Buick, Pontiac, GMC, HUMMER.
|Central Cadillac | Your Cleveland and Akron Cadillac | Home Page|